Are your Executive Compensation Plans helping to attract, motivate and retain the talent necessary to achieve your corporate objectives? Is your Executive pay plan in alignment with employee performance? Establishing the right plans to incentivize your executives is critical for continued success.
Join Joseph Sorrentino and Steven Hall Jr. of Steven Hall & Partners, for an in depth review of Executive Compensation Management Planning. From the components of your compensation plans to the government policies that companies need to abide by, Joseph will arm you with the information necessary to optimize your company programs.
In this session, Joseph will review:
- Base Salary — The fundamentals of base salary and the role it plays with Annual and Long Term Incentives
- Annual Incentives — The use of annual incentives to drive performance and support the company’s long-term business plan/strategy; the importance of goal setting; the probability of attaining goals / payout curves; Requirements for annual incentive programs at public companies that are structured to comply with IRC Section 162(m)
- Long Term Incentives — The Purpose/Objectives of LTI; The pros and cons of stock options/Time-vested restricted stock/Performance vested-shares; Metrics
- Other Benefits/Pre-Requisites — Additional payment for executives – represents a diminishing portion of total compensation for executives
- Governance Policies — Share Ownership guidelines; Clawbacks; CEO Pay ratio; Pay for Performance disclosure; Hedging Policy
|Wednesday, June 28, 2017|
|1:00 PM Eastern|
Steven Hall & Partners
|Steven Hall Jr.
Steven Hall & Partners
Joseph Sorrentino, Managing Director, joined Steven Hall & Partners on its founding. He previously served as Managing Director and Senior Consultant for nine years with Pearl Meyer & Partners. Mr. Sorrentino has 20 years of experience consulting with public and privately held companies in the design and implementation of executive compensation and board remuneration programs with an emphasis on designing annual and long term incentive plans that align pay with performance. His expertise includes ISS compensation and equity plan modeling and governance policies. A regular speaker on issues related to executive compensation, he is frequently quoted in notable publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Bloomberg News, USA Today, The Guardian, and CBS Marketwatch. com. In addition, Mr. Sorrentino has been interviewed on the BBC, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business and NPR. A cum laude graduate of New York University, he received his M. B. A. from the Leonard N. Stern Graduate School of Business.
Steven Hall Jr., Managing Director, joined Steven Hall & Partners in October 2005. Mr. Hall serves as project manager for our clients assisting with executive compensation and board remuneration benchmarking, as well as the modeling and design of incentive plans and compensation issues related to special situations (e.g. M&A, IPO, CEO succession). Mr. Hall has authored several articles on executive and director compensation in Compensation & Benefits Review, Agenda and Workspan Magazine in addition to authoring our annual Director Compensation Study and co-authoring a chapter titled “The Effective Compensation Committee” in the Handbook of Board Governance. Mr. Hall holds a Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP) designation from the World at Work Society of Certified Professionals and a B.S. in Business Administration from Boston University’s Questrom School of Business.